Monday, February 20, 2012

Ombre Nails

Hey all! Well before I said that I was going to keep those colorful nails on longer but I couldn't do it. I had to square my nails because the roundness was driving me nuts! I have good news also. I finally got my camera charged and working and thank goodness. I am tired of blurry nail pictures. I bet you are all too.

So anyways. Here's what I did and used. I started with my base coat. Then I added a layer of Sally Hansen's Insta Dry Blue-Away. Then I put on a coat of SV. After that I taped a diagonal and painted a layer of Ulta Blue Streak. Then I did another coat of SV. After that dried I put another piece of tape a bit further and painted a layer of Revlon Royal (Which btw is one of my FAVORITE blues). Added another coat of SV and then placed my last piece of tape. Then I painted on the last layer of OPI Road House Blues. I added my last coat of SV and then cleaned up the sides. I really liked the turnout but I really wish my nails were longer for the effect. Also when you are looking at the nails, they dont seem like 4 colors since the Royal and Road House Blues kind of blend.
See how the last two colors blend? And the Blue-Away is so light it almost looks white in the photo.

See how fun this is. I saw something similar before that I liked only they taped straight across.

Anyone have other ideas for ombre nails?

I know this has nothing to do with ombre nails but I found this picture of a manicure on my camera and I wanted to share it with you.
Fun hey? Reminds me of cherry blossoms.

Have a good week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment